There’s nothing worse than hitting a great drive straight down the fairway and then messing up your approach chip onto the green.
It breaks my heart completely.
I’ve scratched my chip so many times that I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve wanted to throw my wedges into the nearest bush.
But as a golfer, I’ve learned how important it is to practice chipping. So, you should definitely buy a chipping practice net for golf.
In this guide, I’ll look for the best golf chipping net that will help you get better on the greens. Also, I’ll tell you what to look for when buying a chipping net.
Here are the 7 best golf chipping nets, without further ado.
PodiuMax Pop Up Chipping Net – Best For Assembly
- 【PRACTICE LIKE A PRO】PodiuMax utilizes three…
- 【GOLF ANYWHERE】The net can be packed in a 1.2…
- 【USER FRIENDLY】Our instant pop-up design helps…
- 【ENJOY WITH FRIENDS】Set up a game or a…
- 【NOTE】 We suggest you use golf foam balls to…
PodiuMax has been making some of the most innovative sports training equipment for the past 20 years.
From golf to American football, PodiuMax has a lot of products that can help you practice and get better at your game wherever and whenever you want. With the PodiuMax Pop-Up Net, you can also practice golf all year.
If you’re like me and hate having to fiddle with things to put them together, this chipping net is for you. This net can be put away in a bag that’s 1.2 feet long, and when you take it out of the bag, it comes to life.
But that doesn’t mean it skimps on other features. Instead, this chipping net has three small targets and two big targets that you can use to fine-tune your chipping.
The net itself is made to last a long time. Even though I wouldn’t recommend hitting it with a five-iron, you can feel good knowing that it’s strong enough to catch your chips from a long way away.
It’s also strong enough to catch those chips without breaking, making it a great all-arounder.
- Easy assembly
- Multiple targets
- Small when packed away
- It can be pretty difficult to pack away, but once you’ve mastered the technique, it becomes pretty efficient
- This net is relatively small compared to others, making it super light and easy to transport.
Jef World Of Golf Chipping Net – Best For Winter Golfers
- Sharpen your skills with the ultimate folding…
- Features 3 chipping baskets for the ultimate…
- Great for left or right handed golfers
- Perfect for any skill level
- Fully expanded size: 30-inches in diameter
Even though it looks like a camping chair, this net will help you get better at golf. And golfers who play in the winter can breathe a sigh of relief because this chipping bucket has a stand that can be folded up.
This keeps your golf target off the muddy, wet ground where you’ll be playing. That means you don’t have to worry about cleaning the dirt off the bottom of the netting when you want to eat some chips.
This target has four chipping baskets that you can use to work on your skills. But don’t worry about making a hole in its mesh netting. The frame is made of strong spring steel, and the mesh is strong enough to withstand the shots you’ll be making at it.
The target is also very sturdy, and because it’s off the ground, the net won’t get as wet as it would on other chipping targets. This means it will last you a lot longer.
Lastly, if you have a bad back like I do, the raised baskets on this target make it easier to collect all of your golf balls without having to stretch and bend over as much. You won’t have to bend down to collapse the target, which will relieve strain on your back.
- Foldable and portable.
- Durable and stable.
- Easy to assemble.
- Raised from the ground.
- Great for winter golf.
- Four chipping baskets.
- It is a large target to store, but it is straightforward to assemble and disassemble.
- Hard to stand up in windy conditions, users online have bought pegs to secure it to the ground to combat this.
Sparkly Strike XL Net – Great For Accuracy
- Play Backyard Golf – Practicing your chip shots…
- Your Complete Golf Training Net Set – Set up this…
- Durable And Functional – The sturdy fabric and…
- Easy To Set Up And Store – Set up our lightweight…
- Ideal Gift For Golfers And Golf Enthusiasts -…
Even though it is one of the biggest golf chipping buckets on the market, this target is made to help you get better at hitting the ball where you want it to go.
Chipping can be one of the parts of your practice that you can’t stop doing. You can spend hours just trying to hit the target with the ball, and this chipping net will help you do that.
This piece of gear has a lot of small targets, so you’ll have to chip in from different angles to hit each of the coloured targets that line its face.
As you hit balls into the hole from your own backyard, you’ll get better at judging your shot angles and the height of each shot.
You can also stand a little further back and test your chips from a longer distance, knowing that because they’re so wide, they will catch most of your off-target shots.
I like this net because it can help you raise your chips higher. I practised scooping under the ball with two high targets and two low targets, and I bumped and ran shots at the low targets. It’s a great way for amateur golfers to practice saving shots around the greens.
- Eight buckets with four primary targets.
- Great for improving accuracy.
- Sturdy and durable.
- Large surface area.
- Easy to set up.
- High-quality netting.
- Quite a large net to store, but it is easy to pull out the bag and set up within minutes.
- Its netting isn’t the most durable compared to other targets on this list.
Relilac Chipping Net (3 Pcs) – Best For Working On Your Distance
- 【PRACTICE LIKE A PRO】Includes 3 Chipping…
- 【GOLF ANYTIME & ANYWHERE】Targets can be packed…
- 【USER FRIENDLY】Pop-up design helps you set up…
- 【ENJOY WITH FRIENDS】Set up a game or a…
- 【EXCELLENT QUALITY】Made from durable nylon…
Now, the Relilac is one of my favourite chipping practice nets because you get three nets for the price of one. It is the best way to get better at figuring out how far away things are.
I like to set up the three targets at different distances and angles and throw balls at each one. Even though I don’t get any in, it helps me get better at how hard I hit each chip.
There are also three different sizes of nets. You’ll get a chipping bucket with a 24″, 18″, and 12″ diameter, so you can also use these targets to improve your aim.
They may be the most portable, since each one fits into a 1.2-foot-long handbag that weighs nothing and can be set up in seconds so you can start chipping.
The nylon mesh is also very flexible, so it can catch your shots and won’t buckle when you hit a high lob into the back of the net.
Also, if you have a group of golf-loving friends, you can set up a competition to make practising a little more fun.
I like to set up the targets and see how many shots I can make at each one, which is usually not very many. Also, I would recommend the Relilac to any golfer who wants to get better at chipping while also having some fun.
- Great to help perfect your distances.
- Easy to assemble.
- Three target nets.
- It can be challenging to get back into the carrying case, but are very easy to pop up.
- Nets can buckle if you hit hard shots into them.
Galileo Golf Net – Helps You Improve Your Swing
- MUST HAVE GOLF CHIPPING NET: 26x26in. The…
- AWESOME QUALITY MATERIAL CHIPPING NET: The…
- CHIPPING NET SUITS FOR REAL GOLF BALLS:…
- CHIPPING NET IMPROVE YOUR AIM: This Golf…
- IDEAL CHOICE FOR FRIENDS: Match the Galileo…
This chipping net is not the same as the others. It doesn’t have a slanted bucket opening; instead, it’s a little bit more upright so you can practice pitching and making smaller chips around the greens.
Most golfers mess up on these small chips that are five feet long. However, this target can help you overcome the nerves that make it difficult to chip.
This chipping net is made of strong fibreglass that is wrapped around an iron pipe. When you hit balls into it, it won’t rust or bend. So, you can stand close to this net without worrying about hurting the poles that hold it up.
That also means you can work on swinging through the ball more smoothly without worrying about slicing or cutting the ball away from the target.
Also, the target has a low angle of approach, which means it will catch golf balls that fly low, giving you a chance to work on how you hit the ball.
This net is also available in 24″ and 26″ sizes. I think you should go with the larger option because it will hold more of your shots while you work on the shape of your swing and how you hit the golf ball. It works great indoors, too!
- Great for working on your ball striking.
- Strong frame.
- Wide bucket opening.
- Durable mesh net.
- Pegged to the floor to stop any movement.
- Great for use indoors.
- It’s low angled face means it’s not great for pitching, but it is a great net to help you improve your bump and run shots.
- Doesn’t come with a carry bag
Veggicy Chipping Net – Great To Help Protect Your Lawn
- 《This is a magical golf chipping net》 The…
- 《Golf chipping net that can be set in one…
- 《Golf chipping net for easy storage》 The size…
- 《Golf chipping net that anyone can use》 Our…
- 《 Customer is god — excellent service 》 We…
The chipping can sometimes turn into chunking. Instead of following the ball smoothly, we’ve all kicked the ground and dug a huge hole in the ground that you could dig to Australia.
Obviously, you don’t want to hack up your lawn while practising chipping, so why not buy the Veggicy net that comes with a chipping mat and a tee?
You can even practice with the chipping mat and net on your patio or anywhere else since the net is so easy to carry and set up.
This means you can golf anywhere! The net has small targets that are easy to hit. This makes it a great way for golfers with less experience to improve their chipping skills.
I’d also suggest getting this net if you don’t have much space outside and want to practice chipping indoors or in a small area.
- Great for indoor chipping.
- Practice your chipping anywhere.
- Includes a chipping mat.
- Easy to assemble and carry.
- Great for improving accuracy.
- The synthetic outer material is not as durable as other chipping nets, but its mesh netting is strong and sturdy.
- Can buckle under harder shots
BattleChip Backyard Cornhole Game – The Best Golf Target Net For Fun
- BATTLECHIP MATCH: An exciting new hybrid between…
- TOURNAMENT PLAY: Compete against friends over 9…
- CHIPPING IRON NOT INCLUDED: B.Y.O.C. – Bring…
- FUN FOR ALL: Great for all ages and abilities;…
Play an exciting game of corn hole with your friends that has a twist. Instead of throwing beanbags, you must chip golf balls into the chipping net of the other team.
Have a competition with your friends to see who is the best golfer while you work on your chipping.
The set comes with two targets that each have three different buckets you can throw the ball into. Even though it’s not easy to play with a golf club and a ball, it’s a lot of fun and can quickly become very competitive.
The game also comes with two chipping mats, so you can play it just about anywhere. The set is also easy to put together and take with you because it fits into a small bag.
With its small buckets, this game will really test your chipping accuracy and help you improve your wedges’ power and accuracy.
- Great fun to play with your friends.
- Helps improve accuracy.
- Comes with two mats.
- Can be used to play and practice anywhere.
- It is not the best golf net to help you improve your golf skills, but it is the best for having fun!
- It takes some time to assemble despite it having a straightforward assembly process
Our Buying Guide
Depending on your skill level, you might want to keep in mind the number and size of targets your chipping net might have.
For beginners, I recommend purchasing a trap that has quite a broad target, like the Sparkly Strike XL Net. Check out the Jef World of Golf Chipping Net if you want to hit small targets.
On the course, slow play is always frowned upon. Also, you’ll have more time to practice golf if your chipping practice net is easy to set up and take down whenever and wherever you want. If you want a trap that is easy to put together, check out the PodiuMax.
You don’t want your chipping practice net to fall over when you hit golf balls into it, whether you’re chipping inside or outside.
In the same way, you want to get the most out of your net, so make sure you buy a strong, sturdy, and long-lasting one like the Jef World of Golf Chipping Net, which you can use all year round.
Keep in mind that each net will help you improve a different part of your chipping game, depending on what you want to work on.
Check out the Relilac Chipping Net if you want to get better at how far you can hit your wedges. Try the Galileo Golf Chipping Net if you want to improve your swing.
The best pitching targets are those that are easy to put together and can be used anywhere.
The ultralightweight Veggicy Chipping Net is probably the best for portability because it comes with a chipping mat. This means you can take this net anywhere, set it up, and start playing off any surface you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Space Do You Need For A Golf Chipping Net?
That depends on what kind of chips you’re working on. When practising small pitches and runs, you don’t need much room. But if you’re working on lofted chips, you’ll probably need to practice outside with a bit of space around you.
Should I Use My Chipping Net Indoors?
There are some risks when you bring your chipping net inside. If you’re a good golfer, you probably don’t need to worry about anything. Still, I’d tell you to keep your shots away from your TV and other fragile things.
Does Hitting Off A Golf Mat Hinder Your Golf Game?
Yes, hitting off mats does not give you the same kind of connection as hitting off grass. But mats do let you practice on any surface, and they can also help keep your backyard safe.
Even pros like Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods can’t spend the entire year practising on the golf course.
Because of this, buying a chipping practice net will help you save hundreds of shots around the greens without spending money on the driving range.
With a pitching net, you can practice from the comfort of your own living room and improve your game even when you can’t go to the course.
One important thing to remember when buying a pitching net is to choose a product that will help you improve in the areas you need to.
Some chipping nets help you hit the ball more accurately, while others help you work on your swing. Find out what your pitching problem is, and you’ll be able to find the right chipping target for you.